John J. Corino, DMD, MS
Meet Dr. Corino
Dr. John Corino is a graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where he received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine degree in 1985. He then continued his dental education with postgraduate specialty training in Prosthodontics at Emory University School of Dentistry in Atlanta, Georgia.
After becoming a Prosthodontist in 1987, he then went on to Harvard University School of Dentistry for an additional two more years to achieve his certificate of Dental Implantology. In addition to all his dental degrees and citations, he holds two Masters of Science degrees in both Biology and Human Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport. Dr. Corino earned his undergraduate bachelor degrees in both Biology and General Science from Villanova University in 1981.
Dr. Corino has taught crown and bridgework, and was Clinical Associate Professor at both the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and Emory University School of Dentistry. He has been published in the Clinical Preventive Dentistry Magazine. He is presently on staff at the Dental Department of Overlook Hospital.
Dr. Corino presently sits on the dental advisory board as the Prosthodontic specialist for the Apex Seminars, New Jersey section of the Seattle Study Club. The club is designed to mentor general dentists who are dedicated to the pursuit of professional excellence. As the club’s Prosthodontist, he is responsible for lecturing, training and helping those members who have dental restorative questions. In addition, he has been defending dentists with written case review studies and expert witness testimony for malpractice insurance companies for the past ten years.
Dr. Corino’s commitment to lifelong learning has continued throughout his career as a student, a Prosthodontist, a mentor and an educator. He has mentored both those interested in becoming dentists and those interested in becoming Prosthodontists. Each year he completes hundreds of hours of continuing dental education.
“Continuing education is paramount. It’s the way I stay passionate about being a Prosthodontist and knowledgable about dentistry’s current techniques.” ~ John J. Corino, DMD, MS
To make an appointment with Dr. Corino, please use our Appointment form below or call our office: Murray Hill Square Prosthodontics Office Phone Number 908-665-1161.
Awards and Memberships
- Dr. Corino is an active member of the American College of Prosthodontists, the Academy of Osseointegration, theInternational Team of Implantology, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and the Overlook Hospital staff.
- Dr. Corino has advanced training and certifications from the following implant systems: Branemark/Nobel Biocare, CoreVent, Sulzer, Paragon, Centerpulse, Calcitek, IMZ, Zimmer, 3i/Biomet, BioHorizons, Biolok, Straumann/ITI, Astra, Neoss, Bicon and Endopore as well as Blade and Subperiosteal implants.
- Dr. Corino currently lectures at continuing education seminars on dental implant systems and restorations. His current lecture series is entitled, “How do the top selling implant systems excel and where do they fall short?’ In addition, he lectures on, “How do we decide on which implant system to use?”
- Dr. Corino has been named a Top Dentist in the specialty of Prosthodontics by New Jersey Monthly Magazine for the past three consecutive years. The magazine surveys all the dentists in the state and asks them with regards to each specialty, “Who would you go to if you needed the care of a Prosthodontist?”
- In addition, Dr. Corino has been named one of America’s Top Dentists by the Consumer’s Research Council of America for the past six years. The criteria for selection is based on education levels achieved, board certifications and affiliations with professional dental associations, years of continuing education and the number of years practicing as a Prosthodontist.
- In his spare time, Dr. Corino and his wife Cindy enjoy traveling. He is an avid wine collector who also enjoys racquetball and bike riding.